Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend


It is just a little over a week since I graduated, and I am a little frazzled that I don't have a million things lined up for me to dive into. God is really teaching me patience right now, and I am not liking the lesson! So after a week full of worry and a severe sinus infection, Andrew and I flew down to Corpus Christi where our entire family met us for the weekend. It was just what I needed. I needed to not think about life after college for about three days to get my mind clear and rejuvenated. Christi, Andrew's sister, had a baby on Mothers day, so we got to spend some time with our sweet little Addison, she is such a doll! We not only spent time with Andrews family, we also spent time with my family and also all of our family friends that live in Corpus. It was so wonderful.

I am now back in Nashville with a minor sinus infection, bad sunburn, and a renewed heart and mind. I feel rested even though we spent the entire weekend going and going and going. Now I am back to apply for jobs and get things done. Waking up in the morning right now consists of lots of prayer. Sometimes I am so afraid I'll miss something, that my worrying gets the best of me. I am a busy body and I like a challenge. God is challenging me... And I have a feeling this is the beginning of many different and hard sorts of challenges. Things are changing in my heart and in my mind, not in a bad way, just in a different way. I am growing and maturing and finding that my dreams are changing in a way as I grow, it's good yet hard when the potters hands begin to break you down before they build you back up.

Here are some pictures from our trip!









No comments: