Monday, December 13, 2010

Adjusting....

I have been such a slacker on blogging these past two weeks.  I do have an excuse though... I had to leave my 6 week old baby to go back to work. sigh.

And what an adjustment it has been.  Adjustment might not even be the right word.  Insanity, craziness, sheer chaos... those words might be a better fit.

I am a little OCD, so when things get out of my control or a little messy... I kind of.. have a melt down.  To all you working mom's out there, I applaud you!  Your work TWO full-time jobs and you still remain alive at the end of the day.  I feel like I deserve a gold star at the end of my day. 

I wake up at 4:30am and my head does not hit the pillow again until around 10:30pm... if I'm lucky.  Good news though, Selah is only waking me up once a night - if that - to eat.  It makes it easier to get up and go to work when you were not up all night with the baby.  Having a newborn = your life is not your own anymore.  You tend to have different priorities when your world revolves around a nine pound pooping/eating/sleeping machine.  You find yourself talking about yourself in the third person to a squirming little human in a very high pitched tone.  And no, this is not only women who do this.  Men do these things as well.  I found myself cracking up laughing when I heard my brother, Travis, and Andrew talking to Selah over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Get your high pitched voice ready... "You love your Uncle Travis don't you.  Ah-Boo boo boo boo.  Why, yes you do."

Are you guilty of this?  Of course you are!  You can put a baby in the middle of a group of cynical old men and in five minutes you'll have them melted like a bunch of marshmallows over a campfire. 

It has taken me a solid two weeks to be able to leave Selah with the babysitter without bawling my eyes out.  Of course, the first day was the worst.  I could barely drive I was crying so hard. 

Selah Grace is growing so fast right before our very eyes.  She is already smiling and is on the verge of full-blown laughter.  She is a drama queen and very sweet.  I am drenched by the time her bath is over.. she fully enjoys the warm water.  Whenever we are in the car and she is throwing a fit, all I have to do is start to sing... she stops crying immediately. She's my world.  I never thought I could love something so much. 

So yes, we are adjusting... but I wouldn't have it any other way.




No comments: