Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy 4Th of July

Happy 4Th of July! Ok...Ok... I know that this a little late but I have been at preteen camp with my kids here at Brighton Park so I haven't been able to post. Mine and Andrew' one year anniversary was on the 4Th of July. So he surprised me with tickets to Fiesta Texas! His parents also wanted to take advantage of the holiday weekend and finally drive and meet my parents for lunch so that they could meet for the very first time! SCARY... =-)! It wasn't scary at all... our parents were great and it went very well! We ate at Rudy's... good ole' Texas BBQ. Back to the 4Th... so Andrew and I woke up early on Friday morning and then headed to Fiesta Texas. Bad idea to go on the 4Th but we just couldn't wait. We needed a break from reality. We had a blast even though it rained on us, and the crowds were very large. After we left Fiesta Texas we then drove to Gruene Texas and had dinner at the Gristmill... sooooo good! Around 11pm we arrived in Belton to spend the night at my parents house. The next morning my Mom had cooked breakfast... of course! We left around 11am to drive to Austin to meet Andrews parents for lunch. After lunch Andrew and I went to IKEA and then drove back to Corpus getting there around 10:30pm! What a road trip... so worth it!

PS: This video shows Andrew almost making me throw up on "The Hustler" at Fiesta Texas!

No comments: