Monday, October 26, 2009

A Man in A White Robe

This morning my heart is so overwhelmed with joy. I HAVE GOT TO SHARE SOMETHING WITH YOU!!

Yesterday my Mom called me to tell me about this missionary that spoke at FBC Belton Sunday morning. He spoke about the most amazing thing and she just HAD to tell me. As she spoke goosebumps took over my body and my heart almost leaped out of my chest. "What is God doing... And how can I be apart of it?" Those were the questions that entered my mind. I couldn't wait to get off the phone and tell Andrew the good news.. and I couldn't wait to tell you!!

God is moving in a mighty way in the heart and lives of Muslims. I had not heard what I am about to share with you until my Mom told me and I pray that as I begin to tell you that you will spread the good news.

If you were to google "A Man in a White Robe - Jesus" This is what would come up:


Over the past several years, more and more Muslims are having dreams about "a man in a white robe". http://prorege-forum.com/messages/407.html gives this explanation: "For someone who has not had extended exposure to Muslim-background believers in Christ, probably the most striking surprise is the powerful role that dreams and visions have played in drawing people to Jesus. Though dreams may play an insignificant role in the conversion decisions of most Westerners, over one-fourth of those surveyed state quite emphatically that dreams and visions were key in drawing them to Christ and sustaining them through difficult times. Rick Love, International Director of Frontiers, has recognized the pattern as well. He writes that, "Just as God used a vision to convert Paul, in like manner He reveals Himself to Muslims through dreams and visions. Just as God prepared Cornelius to hear the Gospel through a vision, so God is preparing a multitude of Muslims to respond to His good news."

"One believer from Guinea recounts the dream of a figure whom he later believed to be Christ. The figure was in a white robe, calling the man to come to Him. In a related dream, he recalls that the same figure's arms were extended, beckoning him. Dreams of this type have become recognized as a pattern of work among Muslims. Though there are variations, Christ appearing in a white robe is a recurring image among those who have had dreams and visions. Similarly, a Muslim Malay woman was drawn by a vision she had of her Christian parents who had died. She saw them rejoicing with others in heaven. Jesus, appearing in a white robe, said, "If you want to come to me, just come." Feeling that she had tried her entire life to reach God without success, she now saw God initiating the effort to reach her through Jesus."

The more research I did, the more I found. Jesus is speaking to Muslim's through dreams, simply beckoning them to follow him. There are several reoccurring messages in these dreams. Jesus tells the Muslim's, "Come and follow me, to read the bible for it is the book of life, and to go and find a christian that is near by... for they have good news to share." Christians who were once Muslim have now begun to make documentaries and are posting them on YouTube.com about their encounters and dreams about this man in a white robe who is Jesus Christ!

"I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lamp stands, and among the lamp stands was someone "like a son of man," dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance." Revelation 1:12-16

It makes my heart overflow with joy to hear that Jesus loves all of us in this world enough to come to the Muslim people through their dreams. Missionaries are hearing these stories when they go to villages to preach the gospel. Jesus is showing up and leading these Muslims to the gospel in their dreams. How remarkable!! If that doesn't get you excited about how big our God is then I don't know what would! I am still researching this and I encourage you to do the same. .

I am yet again convinced how good our God is!

3 comments:

Matthew Irvine said...

Terra, thanks for posting about this. It really is exciting to see what God is doing in the lives of Muslims all around the world. Unfortunately, we're not going to be posting the sermon to the Web because of security concerns raised by the missionary. However, if you or anyone else would like a CD copy of the message, Nita would be happy to help. She can be reached at (254) 939-0705.

Terra said...

Thank you for letting me know Matthew!!

My name is Damaris said...

Terra! I was sitting in front of your parents during this sermon! It was chilling! It is true, that Father is so powerful and so gracious to reveal himself in ways that in the Western world we can't even grasp! Father DOES want his name known! And it is thrilling to know He doesn't need us but still invites us to make His name famous!