Monday, July 19, 2010

Family Time

Since Andrew and I live so far away from our family in Texas we usually don't get to see them very often.  We have been so blessed to see family members from both sides of our family in about a two week time span... it has been wonderful! 

I knew we needed some R&R because one Sunday after church... this is the sight that I saw coming down the stairs.  Poor thing. 

First we drove 10 1/2 hours down to Frisco Texas to see my parents and two of my siblings.  The drive was pretty good. It only got a little challenging when my legs would fall asleep and then Selah Grace would jump on my sciatic nerve... gotta love that kid. Already pushing my buttons :)

My Mom and I did some shopping while Andrew drove another 3 1/2 hours to Abilene Texas to spend some time with his Grandparents that live there.  He had such a great time and ended up coming back with a huge (and I mean HUGE) pink bunny from one of his grandmothers.  It's pretty darn cute.  In fact, it is so cute that Ginger has made a habit out of body slamming it whenever she follows me into the nursery.  I can't keep her away from that pink bunny!


It's a good thing that I left the house clean because Andrew's sister, her husband, and their two kiddos drove up the next weekend.  They stayed for a week and I am pretty sure that they managed to see just about every inch of Nashville.  They had a great time and got lots of fun stuff to take back to family in Texas. 

Andrew and I are so grateful that they took the time and spent the money to drive 17 HOURS to come and see us.  That is a sacrifice that we will always remember and be grateful for.  We love you guys :)


The next time we see a lot of our family will be after Selah Grace has made her (hopefully) graceful entrance into this world.  Hard to believe, huh?

We gobble up as much time with our family as we can. These past two weeks have been like a love-overload.  Can't wait to see everyone again.  The sooner the better!

No comments: