Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas is coming!

This week is my last week of maternity leave.  Just talking about it makes me tear up so I'll now change the subject.... CHRISTMAS IS COMING! 

So... I started decorating for Christmas this past week.  It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I see Christmas decorations.  Andrew thought I was crazy to decorate before Thanksgiving but I wanted more than 4 weeks to enjoy it. And I don't think I am the only one decorating before Thanksgiving.  In fact, Andrew called me one day this week on his way home from work to let me know that I wasn't crazy... he was seeing lots of people put up their Christmas lights. 

I haven't gotten everything out yet.  Just the big things.  Christmas tree, garland,  table centerpiece, etc. I'm not going to tell you how many lights I put on my Christmas tree this year.  You will really think I am crazy then :)
 I love the memories our Christmas tree holds.  Like the snowflakes we used in our wedding.  Or the letter "S" ornament that Andrew found that matches the "T" and the "A" ornament for all of our names.  And of course the "Just Married" ornament that we got while on our honeymoon in the Smokey Mountains.  This year we get to add the "Baby's First Christmas" ornament to the bunch. 

No comments: