Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Megan came to visit

My dear friend Megan came to visit me a couple of weeks ago and we had the best time in the world.

We have not seen each other since my wedding, a little over a year ago, and it was soo good to catch up face to face.

Megan isn't the type that likes to be front and center... in fact I scared her half to death the first time I met her due to my whip-lash-like enthusiasm. She and I became best friends during our first year in college at the University of Mary Hardin Baylor in Texas. She was a nursing student and I was a music education student. Things certainly changed as we moved, changed majors, made new friends, and FINALLY graduated college. I am so proud of her for all that she has accomplished in the past 5 years of her life. She is probably blushing at this point... but I don't care... she deserves to be bragged on!

As we painted pottery (which is my new favorite thing to do now) we talked, as best friends do, about the struggles and the happy times, the mountains and the valleys, in our lives. She was there for me when I was in the depths of post-partum depression and still continues to be here for me to this day.

God-filled friends like Megan are priceless. Tomorrow is Megan's birthday!! So join me in wishing a VERY special person a happy birthday.

Happy Birthday Megs



No comments: