Friday, May 7, 2010

May 15th

Today, both of my sweet babies have been on my mind. The one currently using my very full bladder for target practice and the other one who is singing "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty" at the feet of Jesus.

I have not seen either one of my babies and I cannot wait to see their precious faces. I cannot wait to squeeze their little rolls and kiss them all over. May the 15Th was my due date with our first baby. It's crazy to think that that date is only a week away. For that reason, this Mother's Day is a little bittersweet. I am going to be having a baby in October which fills me with so much joy... but I am also a mommy to a baby that is now in Heaven.

I remember Mother's Day last year very clearly. I had no idea that within a year I would have two babies to call my own.

Since Andrew and I have been married and attending our home church here in Tennessee, we have met some incredible couples that we have become dear friends with. Some families have struggled with infertility and some have not. For those that have, Mother's day and Father's day can tend to be more painful than pleasant. Little did I know, that in a few short months I would be pregnant and that Mother's day would never be the same again. Trust me... I had no clue that was coming.
Today my mind has been thinking back over everything that has happened this past year. How did I survive? The answer is simple... only by the Grace of God. There have been lots of doctors visits, old jobs, new jobs, bad news, good news, pounds lost and pounds gained... :)
It is hard to fit all of that in one year and come out a survivor. And I can officially say, "I AM A SURVIVOR!!".

Each of my babies have taught me things about life and about myself. I am only starting this whole "mom" thing, but I am excited to see what happens next. May 15Th will always be a special date to me. I cannot wait to see your face my sweet baby.

Until then, I will just have to wait for May 28Th until we have our ultrasound to find out the gender of the future gymnast inside me.
I did a test to see what our baby could potentially look like and this was the result:

+ =



3 comments:

the peterson family said...

You are amazing! You are a SURVIVOR! Thanks for sharing your life! I enjoy reading about it! May God bless you through your experiences! I had three miscarriages and I remember wanting to give up but God gave me two beautiful kids! One day I will see all five of them together in heaven!! May 15th is Jeff and my anniversary so I will remember that date and always pray for you and your special little one who is already with Jesus and never has to deal with this world!!

Danielle said...

Truly amazing! If you listen to the words of the "bonus track" called Elliana's Song on Watermark's A GRATEFUL PEOPLE live cd. They experienced the same thing and I thought it may or may not help you. God has awesome plans for you and I'm so excited for the journey He has taken you on. It's all a part of His PLAN!!!! :)

HannahKey said...

Terra,
I just saw today that you are now a follower of Scott and I's blog (yay!), so of course I had to hop over to yours! I am so sorry to hear about your loss, but praise God that he has blessed you with Baby #2! I will pray for this pregnancy; that it would be healthy, happy, and wonderful for you and your husband :-) Congratulations!

Blessings and peace,

Hannah Key