Thursday, January 12, 2012

15 months old

The more I watch my children grow, the more and more I am 100% convinced that God knew exactly what he was doing when he planned their lives.  Selah Grace is now 15 months old and has started early with her toddler behavior.  But hear me out... her behavior is not ALL bad.  She has learned how to whine, throw herself on the ground in frustration, disobey intentionally, and has learned her own versions of how to be sneaky.  :) BUT... She has also learned more words, how to run without falling, and we are working on lots of skills like brushing her teeth, using utensils, and how to safely climb the stairs.  A really recent development is that she has learned how to shake her head "yes" when she wants something.  It has helped her not get so frustrated when she can't verbalize what she is trying to tell me.  I really notice the "toddler" behavior when she is frustrated.  I have to really catch myself from being overwhelmed with frustration when I see her act in this way.  I have to remind myself that there is a reason why she is doing such things and I really try to use patience in teaching her alternate ways of how to show me what she wants.  When you are massively pregnant and hormonal.. this is harder than you would think ;).

Yesterday, I took Selah out for a little photo shoot.  It is getting increasingly harder to take her out for a shoot by myself these days.  She is super wiggly and wants to explore everywhere.  Lots of pointing at all the trees, water falls, and birds.  I can't really capture her full attention anymore with my camera unless I have trapped her somewhere and can make her laugh.  It's not an easy job :)... but I enjoy capturing this stage of her life.  The one where I see more of her backside when we are at the park.  All of the snapshots I get of her little buckteeth in mid-sentence as she tells me, "see?" when she is in mid-exploration of new things. 

Just like Selah in her frustrations, I am having to embrace all these new changes in our life with an entirely new perspective.  I enjoy being on the other side of the camera, watching her play and laugh.  I feel blessed to be able to spend so much time with her, that I am able to teach her and take the time for the simple things in life that mold her little mind and heart into what it needs to be. 

And as for Mr. Sterling, he is a moving and a-shakin this morning.  Today, I am going to start preparing his room for his arrival.  I have lots of ideas and know that I need to reign it in.  I'll blame it on Pinterest.com all day long!  He is healthy and measuring about two weeks ahead.  I did fail my first glucose test and then had to return for the THREE hour long second glucose test.  I haven't heard if I passed yet or not but I am hoping for good news :)

I'll blame that on eating WAY too many Christmas cookies!



No comments: