Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Welcome 2012!

Yesterday, Andrew and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary.  I cannot believe how much we attempted to cram into the past three years.  I have learned so much about that man.  And I am oh so sure that he has learned a thing or two about me.  I'm sure if you ask either one of us for some stories... we could come up with a couple :)

It's funny how time works.  No matter how fast it flies by, my brain doesn't feel like it gets any older.  I turn 25 on Saturday and I can honestly say that it feels like I am still 18.  Three years - two kids - a dog - a house - a business... I feel accomplished.  But oh my.. satan and this world do not want me to feel accomplished.  Welcoming a new year brings lots of things to my mind.  I have big plans for this year and I feel like discouragement is on my heels trying to trip me up already.  The more children you have the more people believe that you are letting your dreams slip away from you.  The more God churns my heart to seek out new friendships, opportunities and possibilities.. the more satan whispers, "You can't do it." 

One skill I have sharpened this past year has been being able to discern God's voice against satan's.  Guarding my mind and heart from discouragement and truly being able to see God in my circumstance.  This has taken a little while and I will be working on it until the day I die but I am closer than I was.  Things that rocked my world several years ago are now memories that remind me how faithful God is.  2011 was great.. but 2012 is going to be even better!! 

I feel like my to-do list for this year is so exciting and a bit overwhelming.  I will have some adjusting to do once Sterling is born but I am already giving myself lots of pep talks.  Some things I want to do this year:  plant a huge garden in my new backyard, learn how to take care of my new fruit trees, loose all that baby weight after Sterling arrives, cook some new and inventive recipes for my family, wear my hair down more, spend more daily time with God, make at least 10 new friends, write more letters, be a great mom, become an even better wife, and not speed so much behind the wheel. :)

That is the short version of my list!  I hope and pray that you are feeling encouraged and not discouraged already this year.

Below are a few pictures that remind me that time isn't going to wait for me to catch up.  Selah Grace is growing up so fast.  This year, I will make it a point to stop and have tea parties with her, teach her how to swim, and show her the love of Jesus.  This morning, I found her giving her baby doll (her Christmas present) a spanking with a wooden spoon she smuggled from the dishwasher as I was unloading it.  I started laughing as I stood back to watch her.  As she put her baby in her new baby doll stroller, the poor plastic doll kept slipping out due to the amount of force Selah was shoving her in with.  The more the baby would fall the more frustrated Selah would get.  Finally, to get her babbling point across... the baby received a pop from the wooden spoon gripped tightly in my 15 month old's little hand.  I headed in to save the baby from more pain and agony and before I could get there, Selah had picked the baby up and kissed her on the forehead.  She gently laid the baby back into the stroller and tucked the wooden spoon beside her.. and off they went.  I couldn't help but laugh.  My life in 2012 is going to be very interesting.  Prayers are appreciated ;)

care for some tea?

 wanting me to take a picture of her ball..

Selah Grace's new baby doll

No comments: