Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Growing!

I am 6 months pregnant and growing, growing, growing!  Below is the latest belly bump picture.  Andrew felt a little left out so he decided that he should take one as well.  I look like a black and white oompa loompa and he just looks like a creeper...


I have only gained about 6 lbs in 6 months.  I have been trying to do a really good job of not over-eating.  I did splurge the other day and ate an ENTIRE box of mac and cheese. Oh, the CRAVINGS!  I was so hungry, basically foaming at the mouth, that I almost didn't even take the time to put the cheesy pasta from heaven in a bowl.  I almost stuck my face straight into the saucepan. 

Andrew and I went to go and register for all kinds of baby goodness on Saturday.  You know, you sure do learn a whole lot about your spouse when you are having a baby with them.  I am not sure if it was comforting or just plain weird that my husband knew what "nipple shields" were and then proceeded to loudly ask me while registering if I needed any.  If you could have only been a fly on the wall during our registering process at Babies R Us and Target.  We are first time parents and it is pretty obvious... even though I will say we are pretty knowledgeable about most things because we have friends that have babies.  I am guessing that's where he picked up on the "nipple shield" thing...

I gave up control of the almighty registry gun while in Target.  We had been shopping all day, I was hungry, it was SO hot outside... so I caved and let the wild man loose.  I am still not sure what all made it onto our Target registry, but I am sure that it is all pretty cute.  Andrew was shooting like crazy.  It is so funny to see him comparing products and mulling it over.  He is going to be a great Dad.

Once Saturday was over, we had successfully registered at Babies R Us and Target. (Click on the store to see our registry)

Also, Selah Grace's bedding FINALLY came in the mail on Friday.  It is so pretty!  I just love walking into her room and seeing her crib with her pretty little bedding just sitting there waiting for her.  


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Alright so I work at W.E.E. School. It's a preschool. At the beginning of the year I was working in the toddler class. There was a little girl in the class about 18 months old and she'd been weaned for about 6 months. When she was really young she'd had thrush and her mom had started using nipple shields. They just kinda got used to them and used them for the rest of the time she nursed. So, one day, there was this clear pot lid on the floor. She walked over to it and said "Momma milk!" and put it on her chest. Honestly, it was a little large, but it did look like a nipple shield... : )

Unknown said...

*Her own chest. Not her mother's. Her mother was not present at the time.

wishykeys said...

Not going to lie...when you started talking about "nipple shields"...hahaha...OMG I bought peed myself cause I was laughing soooooo hard :) Wes laughed really hard too...nicely played!