Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Easter 2013

This year for Easter it rained all day!  Therefore I am SO glad that I decided to take the kids Easter portraits a week early...  Smart thinking ;)

Easter day we went to church (68 people baptized!!!) then went to our favorite family owned restaurant in town, Courtneys.  We were going to BBQ in the backyard for lunch... but.. it was raining.  FINALLY the sun came out that evening and we were able to get the brisket in the pit.

Selah was totally into Easter egg hunting this year, which was super fun to watch.  We went to a community egg hunt that a local church provides on Saturday but on Easter Sunday we just had one inside our house.

We are so blessed in this nation to serve God freely.  Easter is such an amazing reminder of how much God loves us.  Having kids has brought this full circle for me.  I truly can saw that I have a small glimpse into what God, the father, was thinking and feeling on that weekend so long ago.  I don't deserve that kind of sacrifice.  We serve a good God.

Here are some pictures I took for their actual portraits and then of some on our lazy Easter day.





No comments: