Wednesday, April 16, 2008

2nd Annual Hymn Sing

Sunday, something monumental happened! I met Bill Gaither, one of the most incredible musicians of all time! Recently I was just honored by becoming the intern of The Nashville Choir, so I work for the Director John Coates. Saturday I get a phone call that would change my life forever! I found out that on Sunday he was giving me the job of taking him around to all of the Artists including, Amy Grant, Melinda Doolittle, Travis Cottrell, and Bill Gaither to get his picture taken with them! I could not have been more excited! I was able to spend some one on one time with each artists- face to face! My dream came true when I was able to tell Bill Gaither how much his ministry means to me and then he reached over and kissed me on the cheek... so sweet! I can die a happy woman. I take that back... I will die a happy woman once I get to marry that curly headed boy I love so much! God never ceases to amaze me. Throughout my time here in Nashville, God has blessed me so abundantly. Don't get me wrong, there have been some really trying times, but God always seems to just pick me up and carry me until I can walk again. I tend to crawl more than I walk. I am still learning what it means to be a Woman after God's own heart and I don't think that I will ever quit learning. I have noticed that I wake up everyday thinking, "I wonder what God will do with me today?" I challenge you to wake up tomorrow morning and think that question... you may be surprised what God does in your day :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There are sometimes in a parents life that they have to step back and look at how they performed as a parent. I am glad to say that I was unworthy of the task. God has done such a work in you that I would be remise to take even a small part in the turn out. I love you very much and could not be prouder of you. Dad Ishiah 41:10

Wendi F said...

I think Mark would swoon if he was close enough to Bill Gaither to have him kiss his cheek! What incredible opportunities you are having in Nashvegas.