Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Moosic City Dairy Dash

So to add to the craziness of my week... I had a group project for my Junior Cornerstone Class to participate in a local event that is physical and supports and organization. Well we decided to do the Moosic City Dairy Dash in Nashville, it supports the Gilda's Club. We decided to run the 5K! Now, I have never ran a race... and I had to train for this thing... what an experience. My friend Melodie whipped me into shape! This past saturday we showed up at 7:30 and got registered and then ran! At about the 1/2 mile marker I felt like I was going to die... but shortly after that dramatic moment were I freaked out mentally... I realized that I wasn't going to die. So I finished the race in 36 minutes! I am very proud of myself and I posted a picture to prove it that I ran it. Knowing my brothers and sisters.. if there is no proof there would be no belief! Basically, I am a champion.

Go and check out the video of our 5K that we have to use for our presentation on youtube... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg588RQ1ITk

1 comment:

Wendi F said...

I was so impressed you did the 5K but 36 minutes? You are my hero - if only you can do it again when you are a mom of 3 and almost 40! Maybe I will try to get into shape for a 5K next year...