Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hurricane Ike


Hurricane Ike is headed to Texas!!! I am in a Meteorology class this semester and we are intensely watching all the Hurricanes in the Atlantic Ocean. I love this class... I wanted to be a weather woman when I was little... have I ever mentioned that? Anyways, Please pray for all my family down in Texas- especially the ones in Corpus Christi! My mom informed me yesterday that a bunch of evacuees from the Galveston area are staying at FBC Belton because it is a designated rescue shelter. Whenever Katrina hit, we had evacuees from LA come and stay and my mom was in charge of cooking every meal for them. She is doing it again... it makes me proud to call her Mom to see her work so hard. Good luck cooking today Mom!

:)

1 comment:

619 Barnett Blvd. said...

Terra- Your mom is and amazing lady and is so lucky to have such a thoughtful daughter!! BTW it think you should take up being a weather woman, start a new trend by singing the weather!!!